Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dhoooooom 2 - Review

****** SPOLIER ALERT!!*********



I saw this movie twice! This is quite a novelty since my exams are approaching.
I saw it on Tuesday with Aruna and Richa and on Wednesday with my parents. I didn't like it much. I appreciated the action and stunt bits. It was all fantastic and dhoomtastic. I particularly liked the part where he camouflages with the statue. He looked scary too. But would a tiny predator and a projected diamond really go unnoticed? Come on, are Mumbai Policemen that dumb?
Drainage water never looked cleaner as Hrithik swims through it. The main point, HRITHIK!!! He ruled and overshadowed all the other actors, stealing Abhishek's glory. Hrithik played every minute of his part beautifully while Abhishek was left with nothing but his brood and few strong dialogues.
One wonders what exactly was Bipasha's importance in the movie, except the insane twin sister part.
Comedy in the movie was good. From Ali's day dreams to Baywatch spoofs to Sweetie's murderous instincts. All gold. Uday is usually unbearable in movies, but he's great when working his way around comedies. ^_^
Aishwarya acted well. It was good to see her in a movie which didn't involve some historic importance. And she looked good too! But if I have to hear the word "funny guy" one more time, I may lose my cool. Indeed, she had a very irritating personality.

I think Romance didn't need to be such a big factor (especially for the ending). But I have to admit, Hrithik + Aishwarya = Smokin' Hot!

I was upset with the ending. I love it when the villain wins! It would have been great if the two managed to steal something right under his nose again and THEN settled in Fiji.

Quotes I liked -
mere ko topi mat pina.. - Ali. I might just adapt this in my daily conversations. :)

pehle socha, kya aadmi hai,
kya pyar hai,
fir laga, kya bakwas hai!
- nice haiku by Abhishek

No comments: