Thursday, July 19, 2007

Scary and Damaged

I've finished watching Grey's Anatomy Season 3 and Gilmore Girls Season 7. I'm watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, the entire fucking series!!! Right from season one, back when the visual effects were obsolete compared to today's standards. Picard looks a bit peeky but Riker is awesome as always.
OOTP Review: *SPOILER ALERT*
I actually enjoyed this movie. I think I'm past the point where I compare it endlessly to the book and find faults. I've learned to accept the movies as a bonus visual aid. I think they did a brilliant job of showing how Umbridge rises and conquers. Umbridge was excellent; annoying to her last pink tea cup. Luna was just amazing, loony to every last detail. I was looking forward to seeing Mrs. Black's portrait and her insults. I wish they had included that. The grand Fred and George exit was really good to see. Missed McGonagall's reaction's though.
As usual, I don't think people who haven't read the book have any clue what is going on in the film. Bellatrix is perfect but looked more like a heavily drugged hooker.
The duelling scenes were amazing. I mean, I could hardly make out what was going on, but that's the point, right? Dumbledore vs. Voldemort: The most stunning piece of visual effects in the entire movie. Loved it.
Voldemort in a suit???? WTF? I can think of all the icons I can make with that screencap and quotes like "Suit Up" or "Ready to Mingle" or "Ready to Muggle" or "Dark Lord needs a date" or "Taking YOU to the Ball" or "Your fashion nightmare". Yes, I'm on crack.
Ron was gorgeous, wished he had more lines.
********************************************************

2 days more to go!!! I'm uber excited!! I hope Crossword opens at 6 am like they did for the Half Blood Prince release.

I had to make a presentation for my Soft Skills lab. I did it on "Indian Rock Scene". And I also discovered Split Magazine Radio. Damn, how did I not notice this before?! I think mine went okay. I didn't really have much material to present. Well, I made the presentation from 8 to 12 on Sunday night and it was due on Monday. That hardly gave me time to even "reherse" for it.

No comments: