Saturday, September 15, 2007

Twenty20: India vs. Pakistan

It was an epic EPIC match. Wow.
After the early fall of wickets, I thought winning this game was out of our hands but Uthappa and Dhoni created a great partnership. I think the batting was consistent. Even with the fall of wickets, the players did not break under the pressure but rose above and batted well, if not very well.
With the loss of early wickets I think 141 was a reasonable score. Mohammad Asif bowled really well. There wasn't much our batsmen could do when he bowled.

Then came the time to field. Harbhajan and Sreesanth bowled the first few overs splendidly. Fielding was good too though I wish Agarkar hadn't dropped that hit from Afridi. The last 5 overs were so tense and the game was thrilling. when it came down to 5 runs from 3 balls I was clutching my gut! In end Pakistan had to make 1 run from 1 ball. Dhoni called in the fielders and Misbah was run out. It was superb!!

It was a tie India : 141 - 9 and Pakistan: 141-7. The winner was to be determined by a bowl out which is similar to a penalty shootout. I didn't even know something like this existed. It was one of the highlights of the match. As Sehwag came out first, he had a big smile on his face. ;p

It certainly wasn't the best performance. There's a lot to improve on but it was adequate and I'm proud of the team! :)

In other happenings, it's Ganesh Chatturthi. :)
And my unit tests are over in which I've just managed to pass in most subjects.

And NEW LAYOUT!!! Made this kick ass layout a few days ago. Did lots of tampering with the original code. :D
(I do not lie when I say that I am manipulative)

No comments: