Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bright shiny/flashy lights

NEW LAYOUT!! This is the quickest layout I've made yet. Under an hour.

Usually it takes me more time to get an idea for the header. This time I prefer to keep it simple. Sometimes less is more. ;p

And, I also failed to mention this in my last post: I'M NINETEEN.
Yes, 4th of Jan was my birthday. I don't feel nineteen. I wasn't even excited like I usually am. It was a very low-key birthday. I called my closest friends at home in the evening. But most of the day I spent at home lazying about; me and my mom driving each other nuts. :)

Next day I went to see I Am Legend. Frankly, the movie didn't measure up to all the hype around it. It had too much of Resident Evil in it. But Will Smith was superb as always.
Anyway, we went to get tickets at Inox and were asked for proof that we were above 18. Some of us had come without licenses. So we just hanging there, deciding what to do next. I was a bit taken aback by how generous some strangers were, offering to buy us tickets. But we went to separate counters and managed to get tickets anyway. Next task was to avoid getting caught if they checked it before entering the theatre. But we managed to slip by that too. All the confusion and madness was far more memorable than the movie itself. In fact, my friend was so bored with it that despite of being an ardent Will Smith fan she spent most of the movie playing Quadra-Pop on my cellphone. 80 bucks well spent. :)

After that we got lost in the Cantonment area but made it back home safely.

My mother recently had an article published at this site: For Indian Women
I found some of the other stories a good read too.

No comments: