Friday, June 22, 2007

I love the internet

It's raining! It's the proper onset-of-the-monsoon type of rains! I'm going shopping after some time. I'm also heading to Nagpur tomorrow and will be back on 28th. So, to my *few and non-existent* readers, you shall be spared from my wrath for the next few days.

24hr news channels suck. Most of them do anyway. They've turned journalism into a game of "Who's got the stupidest news?" They do not need to endorse Rakhi Sawant or Janvi's newest stunt or something about a drunk sadhu "performing" his "rituals" in a temple. What happened to the point blank direct news told in the drone-ish voice? I prefer that. I do not need emotional music or the side effects mimicked from K serials. We're degrading like the mainstream news in USA.

Zee News, Star News, Aaj Tak, India TV - I hope you rot in journalistic hell.

Soon this might takeover the existing "good" channels too. At least that seems to be the trend. And this is where come back to my subject, I LOVE THE INTERNET. It seems to be the only reliable source excluding all the nonsense and riff raff. And if a certain article is not upto mark, all the fanboys out there will comment in a dignified harsh language or simply by excessive use of expletives and let the public know that it is a piece of crap. :)
One of the few occasions when anonymity has it's perks.

No comments: