Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Deathly Hallows - Review

This goes without saying but SPOILER ALERT!!!
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU'D WANT THE CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK INFLICTED ON YOUR PRECIOUS EARS!!!



+ Snape!!! OMG!!! You poor, poor self sacrificing person. I stood by my man and he's good and that's all I basically wanted in this book. I bet all Snape fans like me are happy that he's finally in the clear. Not just that but he's damn brilliant, being so efficient in occlumency.
+Harry/Ginny. Bleh. I still ship Harry/Luna.
+ 19 years later chapter was really cheezy. And how unoriginal can they be with names. Albus? Lily? James? WTF?!
+ I have a new favourite name - Xenophilius. If I ever manage to get a pet, I'm naming him/her that.
+ I kind of feel sorry for the Malfoy family now. Especially Narcissa.
+Best line in the book "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!". Molly rocks even though often I don't always agree with her over protective tactics.
+Lupin dies. That really sucked.
+ Teddy Lupin?? You've got to be kidding me. But nothing sucked more than Lupin trying to escape from this marriage, very soap opera-ish. It looks like he married Tonks just to keep her happy. How retarded is that?
+ Mourning for Dobby. He died heroically.
+Killing just Fred was cruel. Either kill them both or let them BOTH live.
+Dumbledore being a power hungry wizard is something hard to believe... but I guess that was a part of what made this book so good. All the unexpected things inspite of all the theories that people had accumulated and predicted.

I really loved this book. Other than the prologue, I felt the war, the power, the people, it all did justice to the momentum created.

Yes, I am depressed that there is no other book to look forward to.

I've been a fan since I was 12 and Harry Potter has been a big part of me for the last 6 years. To see it all end now is disheartening. I know I sound like a crazy person but I'm sure every Potter obsessed fan is feeling the same.

No comments: