Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mimicry is a sincere form of flattery...

... but I'm freaking tired of it. Cut it out. It bothers me and I feel trapped.

Your views disturb me. I pretend like I'm too conceited to notice, but I do.

Life isn't fair, I know this only too well. But I want just this one thing to work in my favor.

***

I saw Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2 yesterday. It's a must see for every anime lover. If not, you must see it for the visual effects which are spectacular and the music score is very moving and adds well to the theme.
It's basically set in the futuristic dystopia, a period when robots and humans have merged. Humans have a robotic body (maintaining the natural look) while the only human part in them is their soul (aka ghost). Their memories and spirit are the only things that bind them to the human counterpart.
So when a company kidnaps two girls to create sex dolls, the victim manipulates some dolls to make them kill humans so that the police would notice. And they do.

The story goes deeper than just the mystery. It explores the human and robotic relationship. How humans create robots, making them as humanly as possible and still mistreat them.

Also, Black Jack is starting on Animax today. I have my regular fixation restored. ^_^
I look forward to seeing Pinnoco's 'OHMYGOODNESS!!!!'.

2 comments:

Supritha Ramdas said...

heyy! lovely man! u write really well!!

i wanna see recent updates from ur blog! :)
can i add u to my blogger friends in my blog! will be easier for me to cctach up wid da updates! if u dont mid!!
:-)

xuvious said...

Sure! That'd be great. :)
Just curious, how did you find my blog?